Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colors appear washed out?

31 REPLIES 31
SOLVED
Message 1 of 32
hmedcalfL23J7
1095 Views, 31 Replies

Colors appear washed out?

*Please refer to attached image*

The company I work for has specific colors we use for elements, line types, hatching, etc. All of a sudden all of the colors on my screen appear to be washed out. These colors are supposed to be vibrant and stand out. It's almost as if I've accidentally toggled a setting that has caused this to happen. I know it's not my monitor as the correct colors appear as they should under the line styles. This isn't project specific either as I've opened many of my previous projects to find that all of the colors are faded/washed out. I've been through Revit's settings and I can't figure out what I did for the life of me to cause this to happen?

31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32
ToanDN
in reply to: hmedcalfL23J7

What do the original vibrant colors look like, so we can compare?

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 32
hmedcalfL23J7
in reply to: ToanDN

I circled what color the hatching on the wall should be. It's significantly faded. I know this isn't an issue inside of object styles or graphics overrides. It's just Revit entirely for every project. I've even tried creating a new family to find that the colors are washed out

Message 4 of 32
syman2000

This maybe window display issue. Check windows and see if you have brightness and color set to auto.

syman2000_0-1699993443878.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 5 of 32
ToanDN

Set the background color to true Black.

Toan Nguyen
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 32
hmedcalfL23J7
in reply to: syman2000

I wish it was that simple. Windows and my monitor are displaying colors correctly. The 2nd attached image shows the colors as they appear on my monitor. Revit has just faded them in model space. I've also tried changing background to true black. The colors in model space stay washed out regardless of background color. There must be something hidden in Revit's settings that would cause this to happen

Message 7 of 32

post the file (RVT)

Message 8 of 32

The file is a client's future home so it is confidential, therefore I cannot post the file. As I stated above, the issue is not specific to this file. If I open any project I've worked on the past year the colors appear to be washed out and faded. It wasn't until today that I've had this issue occur. Has to be a Revit setting that has been toggled. I've clicked every button on the UI trying to figure out what would cause this to happen to my software entirely

Message 9 of 32
ToanDN

@hmedcalfL23J7 wrote:

I wish it was that simple. Windows and my monitor are displaying colors correctly. The 2nd attached image shows the colors as they appear on my monitor. Revit has just faded them in model space. I've also tried changing background to true black. The colors in model space stay washed out regardless of background color. There must be something hidden in Revit's settings that would cause this to happen

If you draw a solid filled region with the same wall hatch color, does it look faded as well?

Toan Nguyen

EESignature

Message 10 of 32

Maybe it's hardware related. Update the Graphics Card or Disable Hardware Acceleration.  

Message 11 of 32
hmedcalfL23J7

Yes, unfortunately

Message 12 of 32
ToanDN

@hmedcalfL23J7 wrote:

Yes, unfortunately

Uncheck Hardware Accelerations and see if the colors changed.  If so, it's your graphic card / driver.

Toan Nguyen

EESignature

Message 13 of 32

I can see if I have a driver update but AutoCAD is displaying the colors correctly. I'm almost at the point of reinstalling Revit to see if that will fix it 

Message 14 of 32
syman2000

If you turn off the dark mode, does the color revert back to the original color?

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 15 of 32
hmedcalfL23J7

That did not change the colors appearance

Message 16 of 32
hmedcalfL23J7
in reply to: syman2000

No, color stays the same but with a white background

Message 17 of 32

Installed the most recent update? 

Message 18 of 32

Yes, we're on Revit 2024.2 correct?

Message 19 of 32

Any third-party add-ons?  

Message 20 of 32

Just Twinmotion

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators