Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing wall reveal deletes dimensions

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
349 Views, 7 Replies

Changing wall reveal deletes dimensions

Hi,

When I change a reveal in the wall type, plan dimensions to that wall are deleted. Its just a small reveal in a concrete facade, its not even visible in plan. We cant spend hours putting dimensions back for such a small change. What am I doing wrong?

Alex

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It's because the dimension references the wall sweep and not the wall, so changing the sweep removes that reference.  It may seem that you are dimensioning to the wall, but there are actually two lines there - the edge of the wall and the edge of the sweep.  Best to hide the sweeps when dimensioning to the wall.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

The wall reveal is at height 2400 from floor, its not visible in plan view.
The dimension is not referring to the reveal but the exterior face of the wall.

There is only one line there.

Reveals can't be hidden.

Somehow when revit rebuilds the wall with sweep changes the dimension doesn't understand to stick to the exterior face is my guess.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I'm not sure then.  I have just placed a reveal into a wall and then dimensioned to the wall.  I deleted the reveal but the dimension stayed intact.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

The wall is made up of different materials at different heights, I think it has something to do with the extent of the changes to the extents of the exterior material that is dimensioned.

edit: are you creating the reveal in your wall type?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

No, I just placed a reveal.  However, I have just tried placing one in the wall types, placed a dimension, deleted the reveal.  The dimension is still there.

Message 7 of 8
barthbradley

@Anonymous: Your walls aren't by any chance inside a Model Group? 

Message 8 of 8
bin
Advisor

What I would do is to check the warning information and try to find out all the dimensions that will be affected, then either modify the witness line of those dimensions, or just redo the deleted dimensions. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators