Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Elevation Pointer

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kjskoog
740 Views, 5 Replies

Create Elevation Pointer

I am confused about creating pointers. I selected new, family, Annotation folder and selected Elevation Mark Pointer.rft. I see refernece lines and verbage. How do I create pointers?

Kory Skoog

CAD/BIM Manager

Kory Skoog
PM/BIM Manager
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
kjskoog
in reply to: kjskoog

I have the pointers loaded but when I bring in the elevation tag, the pointer only shows on one side. I have 4 sides in the tag I created and I do not get check box to select which arrows I want on and off. Any help will be appreciated.

Kory Skoog

CAD/BIM Manager

Kory Skoog
PM/BIM Manager
Message 3 of 6
RDAOU
in reply to: kjskoog

Hi @kjskoog

You most probably did not assign the right parameters...but one can;t tell without the family in hand to check it for you

If you are starting from scratch and trying to experiment, I would suggest that instead of starting with a blank new template;

1. use an existing elevation tag.
  2. Open it and then check out the existing parameters...
  3. then select the pointer which is (also existing) already nested into that E-Tag and edit it...
  4. then again check how it is put together and the yes/no visibility parameters placed there
  5. Remodel the pointer based on the existing; 
  6. reassign the visibility parameter for whatever you modeled new
  7. reload into the E-tag
  8. Set it in the place where it should be
  9. if you want to delete circle sor quare or whatever is there already and have something new instead...do that
  10. adjust labels, check set parameters are still working...etc
  11. Once it is looking good ...Save it as "something new"
  12. reload into the project 
  13. place it  and your check boxes are there

Do that a couple of times...once you get the hang of it; you can start from a blank template

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 6
kjskoog
in reply to: RDAOU

Thanks. I opened an existing pointer and created a new fill region and did a saveas. I also did the same with the elevation tag body. Loaded the pointer into the body and then loaded the tag into our templates and it worked. 

Thanks again.

Kory Skoog

CAD/BIM Manager

Kory Skoog
PM/BIM Manager
Message 5 of 6
PhilvK
in reply to: RDAOU

I can successfully edit the pointer, but I can't get the Detail Number Label to rotate properly. What property controls that in the pointer family?

Message 6 of 6
PhilvK
in reply to: PhilvK

I solved my problem by relocating the Detail label from the pointer family to the tag body family! Works fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report