Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the Element ID

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
datirnayan
3065 Views, 9 Replies

Change the Element ID

Hi,

I'm trying to redefine the element IDs in Revit. Is there any way it is possible with? I've defined shared parameter for Element ID and have generate the IDs in Schedules with the help of Dynamo. Since, the generated IDs in Revit are shown as "442609" (for example) I want to redefine it into some other code let say "TR_CONC_B16" (for example). Is it possible for me to do that, apart from defining comments or description manually? It will be very helpful and highly appreciated, if some of you could suggest a best practice to deal with this. Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ennujozlagam
in reply to: datirnayan

maybe you can refer to these Link and link about revit elemet ID and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 10
barthbradley

@datirnayan wrote:

I'm trying to redefine the element IDs in Revit. Is there any way it is possible with? 

No. 

Message 4 of 10
datirnayan
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Thank You! but it didnt help.

Message 5 of 10
barthbradley

FWIW: If you Clipboard Cut & Paste Aligned to Same Place, the Element will have a different ID.

Message 6 of 10
datirnayan
in reply to: barthbradley

I want to redefine the ID as per my requirement.The generated IDs in Revit are shown as "442609" (for example) I want to redefine it into some other code let say "TR_CONC_B16" (for example) instead of just numbers in the id.

Message 7 of 10
barthbradley

It's not possible. What about what I said before? Clipboard Cut/Paste? 

Message 8 of 10
datirnayan
in reply to: barthbradley

No, thank you. I would rather want a solution. So, if you can't help please don't spam with useless messages.

Message 9 of 10

The ID's can't be changed by the User in any way. It's controlled by Revit to ensure unique values in the database.

Just use a Normal text parameter and fill you're value in that either manually or by dynamo.

Also if you want to use the API for something, I would suggest posting it to the API forum: Revit API Forum 

- Michel

Message 10 of 10
barthbradley

Pleasure assisting you.  Let's get together again. Sooner the better.  I admire your tenacity and grit. Admirable qualities.   

Cheers!     

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators