Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change orientation of Displace Element

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
yosh.mader
670 Views, 7 Replies

Change orientation of Displace Element

Does anyone know howIi can change the direction my exploded view will follow? it seems to be following the faces of the view cube but i need it to run parallel with the pipes as shown in the screenshot
yoshmader_0-1627428187276.png

Labels (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
barthbradley
in reply to: yosh.mader

Drag that angle sign - not the arrows.  

Displace.png

Message 3 of 8
yosh.mader
in reply to: barthbradley

I know what you mean by displacing it by plane rather than axis but it will still follow the orientation of the view cube in the top right. I need it to move in the same direction as the pipes so then I need to be able to change the orientation of the red axis

Message 4 of 8
barthbradley

The View Cube has nothing to do with displacement.  Can't you eyeball it?  

...just a thought: do you have any constraints acting on the element you are trying to displace? 

Message 5 of 8
yosh.mader
in reply to: barthbradley

It seems that the view cube is entirely dictating the direction of displacement, or is that just a coincidence? My understanding is the view cube is oriented to Project North therefore Displace element will follow the same orientation.
I can eyeball it but its not very good for large assemblies. How is there not a way to change the orientation of the axes though?
Message 6 of 8
barthbradley

The View Cube Orients the View.  

Maybe this will help your understanding:  

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/EN...

Message 7 of 8
ToanDN

Turn the path to Jogged then drag the displaced element until the jogged segments appear inline.  Then you can turn the path back to Straight.

ToanDN_0-1627491196601.png

ToanDN_1-1627491274424.png

ToanDN_2-1627491309527.png

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
RDAOU

@yosh.mader 

not changeable...You control it by:

1. either Entering the values manually into the X and Y Displacement
  2. or Eyeballing it (as mentioned/implied in previous replies) 

X Displacement = ±tan(Ɵ) * Y Displacement

Y Displacement = ±[any desired value]

Displace.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators