Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain Types won't properly export to IFC but others will

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
alexkilvington
168 Views, 1 Reply

Certain Types won't properly export to IFC but others will

I can't work it out as some stuff exports fine, other types don't. I've setup my user defined property sets and IfcExportAs and IfcExportTypes. Will provide an example- the windows in this model are exporting fine, the railing is not- it's bringing through the occurence information but not the type information, for example none of the COBie I have completed or even the Type name How can I fix this and what am I missing?

There should be the same property sets pulling through for both- but they're not. It seems to be certain types not pulling through properly. Hope that makes sense could only add 3 screenshots but it's like it's not even giving the railing a type.

Labels (6)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi @alexkilvington,

What Revit version and IFC exporter version is used?

A version or 2 back of the IFC exporter (revit 2022) something was changed (I think because of a change in R2023 or higher), after that most type properties of railings and stairs no longer exported (maybe more categories..?). I used a Formula supported by the IFC exporter to port those values to instance parameters for the most import properties like Assembly code, Internal/External etc. (see: parameter expression )

There is a new IFC exporter for Revit 2022 (hadn't have a chance to test it) that refers to a fix in the version. It could be you still need to correct the User PSet file to include I/T (instance and Type) and ElementType

See link for info about Ifc Exporter version: https://github.com/Autodesk/revit-ifc/releases 

- Michel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report