Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't modify reveal @ rectangular wall opening.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
shaun_harris
672 Views, 4 Replies

Can't modify reveal @ rectangular wall opening.

I have been going through this project to modify the returns of the reveal at door and window openings.  There are a few places that the wall is thicker than the or door host so we are using a rectangular wall opening.  Now we're running into the problem of getting the reveal to return back at the end of the wall where the wall opening cuts out the wall.  Is there any way around this?

rectangular wall opening and reveal.png

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: shaun_harris

Is this what you are talking about -- the reveal corner return? 

Reveal Return.png

Message 3 of 5
shaun_harris
in reply to: barthbradley

That's exactly what I'm looking for.  For some reason most of the ends of the reveal I can modify and return around the end of the walls but there are certain instances where we are cutting the walls with a wall opening and it won't allow those ends to modify and turn the corner.

Message 4 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: shaun_harris

Sometimes they require finessing. In those cases where you don't see 'em, do you have 2 blue dots? Drag the end dot beyond the corner.  Do you see what is show is shown in screeeshot?

Reveal Return 2.png

Message 5 of 5
shaun_harris
in reply to: barthbradley

Not a perfect solution but I think we can work with this.   I just pulled the end slightly further out from the end of the wall and then it allowed me to modify the return. It will give us the look we need it to anyway.  Much appreciated for the help.rectangular wall opening and reveal2.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators