Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't link or import dwg file to Revit

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
r.hrabovyy
769 Views, 6 Replies

Can't link or import dwg file to Revit

Hi everyone,

I got a package of documentation in dwg comprising various projects (Structure, HVAC, Architecture, etc). 

Everything is ok with all CAD files, only there is a problem with Architecture, that all files I can't link or import to Revit.

This errors appear:

Import detected no valid elements in the file's Paper space. Do you want to import from the Model space?

Import detected no valid elements in the file's Model space. Do you want to import from the Paper space?

I usually solved this problem by copy-paste the contents to another dwg or saving the file in the previous version CAD, but it doesn't help now

I saved the DWG in 2018, 2013, and 2007 versions (I am using Revit 2022 but also tried to do it in 2023

I copy all items to another file from the original DWG. (I also tried pasting the file into another file using Bind, Insert)

I also know that the documentation was made with AutoCAD Architecture 2013, but I don't have any ACA elements, just simple Autocad.

I have no idea how I can repair it. Can somebody help me?

I have attached one of this dwg and a screenshot of the error. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: r.hrabovyy

Do not link DWG in a view activated on sheet.  Open the view, uncrop, and link DWG.

Message 3 of 7
r.hrabovyy
in reply to: ToanDN

I can't import files into an empty new file Revit, into view, drafting view. I don't use crop view.

Message 4 of 7
r.hrabovyy

And one more thing: I have another problem. If I remove all items from Paper Space in dwg I get this error:

Linked file could not be located. It will be
displadyed as it was when this project was last saved

but my file still has geometry in Model Space

Message 5 of 7
Simon_Weel

I can link the sample drawing in Revit 2021 without errors. But it just shows the border:

Simon_Weel_0-1684838126472.png

Opened it in AutoCAD and noticed the drawing consists of a single block. Exploded the block and ran Audit - this corrects numerous errors. Saved the DWG, reloaded in Revit and it shows up correctly:

Simon_Weel_1-1684838239950.png

So I guess you have to run Audit on all drawings.

Message 6 of 7
r.hrabovyy
in reply to: Simon_Weel

Thank you, that helped so much.

Message 7 of 7
kostask_oionei

Hi,

I have tried me too with the same results as @Simon_Weel  in Revit 2022 and 2023.

2023-05-23_18-58-33.jpg

I finally imported it when I had explode the block and copy - paste it with original coordinates in a new drawing.

2023-05-23_19-16-44.jpg

By the way I also noticed that dimensions are 10 times greater than measurement.

If my post help you, please give a like.
If your question was answered please mark it with ACCEPT SOLUTION. This helps others to find answers...

Kostas Kouris
Architect Engineer, M.Sc., ACI, ACP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report