Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not open the Revit file

29 REPLIES 29
Message 1 of 30
Yara-architecture
1962 Views, 29 Replies

can not open the Revit file

hello, how to recover file when Revit gave me this message (can not open the file there is missing many elements), how to solve that, thank you in advance.

29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30

have you try to tick audit before opening the file and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 30

hello, what do you mean by that (tick audit)? 

thank you for the answer

Message 4 of 30

See attached.

Message 5 of 30

hello, gave me this message, and that what does do for the file?

thank you for the answer

Message 6 of 30

did you upgrade your file in a higher version? open your revit program first then open the file. yes that is correct tick the audit box before opening the file. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 7 of 30

i did what you had mentioned, but it gave me this message( that I attached), so I choose yes?

thank you

Message 8 of 30

okay, i hope your issues will be fixed and try to install latest updates from autodesk. thanks

Message 9 of 30

sorry, you didn't answer my last question., if i need to choose yes?

thank you for the answer

Message 10 of 30

yes. but copy the file into another folder just incase something happen wrong. thanks

Message 11 of 30

ok, i will, thank you so much i will let you know if the problem solved.

thank you

Message 12 of 30

I tried that, so after chosen yes there is nothing happens, it should give me a new message or what?

thank you

Message 13 of 30

can you share your file so we can check? thanks

Message 14 of 30
apurba
in reply to: Yara-architecture

Hi,

Have you downloaded the file from internet? the file may be corrupted due to not downloaded correctly.

please tic the Audit option present in the open file menu ( Left side bellow as shown on attachment)

Hope, this will help

Apurba Baruah

i7, 16GB,1TB

Message 15 of 30
ennujozlagam
in reply to: apurba

dude, you are not reading? thanks

Message 16 of 30

Hi

If the file is corrupt then its difficulty to recover .

You may try these 

1. Audit the file while opening.

2. if its a central file then try DETACH and open

( while opening, go to the WORKSETs, and uncheck all )

detach.JPG

3. You may try opening the " Backup " files ( Example SAMPLE.001.rvt ) etc

4. If there are LINKED Revit files then Revit tries to load linked Revit files, you can change the folder name where links are saved so that while opening the file they don't load by default.

5. Learn how to recover the file from, Restore the file..its in Collaborate-Restore Backup.

Best luck

Corsten
Building Designer
Message 17 of 30

hello, i can not attach the file, thank you for the help

Message 18 of 30
Yara-architecture
in reply to: apurba

no itis not from the internet, i did what did you say but nothing happens.

thank you for the answer

Message 19 of 30

sorry, i was busy just can read your answer and replied.

thanks

Message 20 of 30

i will try that. 

thank you for the answer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report