Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer add sections to my scene

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
628 Views, 7 Replies

Can no longer add sections to my scene

For some reason, I can no longer add visible section tags to my scene.  In an elevation, I click View > Section (as I've done many times) and drag the section out in the view.  Now, when I drag it, it's paler than usual and after I'm done, I get the warning: "None of the created elements are visible in Elevation: XXXX.  You may want to check the active view, its parameters and Visibility settings"

When I go to the section view that was last created, it's hundreds of feet away from the area that I drew it in.  I can manually adjust the perimeter and it will appear in my initial elevation, but this is more work than it should be.  The current work plane is set to None and I CAN create a detail callout in that same view.

Any idea how I can get my sections to behave?

Thanks,

Jon

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
LisaDrago
in reply to: Anonymous

The only time i ahve gotten this is when i have the sectinos turned off in the view under the VV/VG command.

Can i make the assumption that you have checked this? 

Can you post an image?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: LisaDrago

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the reply.

After a little more experimenting I've found that if I create a straightforward section, it works fine, but when I have the Reference Other View option checked, I get the warning that I mentioned.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jon

Message 4 of 8
LisaDrago

Has anything changed in the scale? you can specify that if it gets to a certainl scale sections and such won't show. 

I am really not sure why they would not show up if the others are.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 5 of 8
rosskirby

I've something similar to this happen before, although it was with interior elevation tags, not section tags.  It seems to happen when the area defined by the crop region in the section cut, in your case, isn't within the view range of the elevation where you're cutting the section.  That's why the mark shows up when you drag the crop region to encompass the building.  I believe defining a reference plan in that view will fix the problem, but I'm not positive.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Hi Ross and Lisa,

Thanks for the replies but the situation isn't solved.

In my East elevation, I can place a section and, as Ross mentioned, if I go to the newly created view, I can stretch it until it appears in the East elevations.  My question is: why is it doing this and how can I prevent it from doing it in the future.  This adds a few minutes to the creation of each section that I make.  I created a reference plane in front of the wall that I want to section, set it as current, and then created the section, but there was no difference.

I can create a section referencing a new drafting view with no problems, but this isn't what I need.

I've tried this with clipping off and on for the view with no difference.

I CAN'T create a section referencing an existing view.  This is what I want, but When I try this, I get the same result as when I try to make a standard section, without the ability to adjust the window to display the section tag in my elevation.

Why can I make one type of section and not another?

Thanks,

Jon

Message 7 of 8
rosskirby

Instead of setting a reference plane as your work plane, try setting the face of the wall where you're creating the section as the work plane.

Also, is it just in this one view, or is it happening in all your elevations?

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Setting an object as the reference had no effect.  This happens primarily in the East and West elevations.

Thanks,

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report