Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I turn off "lines" from floors in plan view?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
dylan.astawa
2603 Views, 13 Replies

Can I turn off "lines" from floors in plan view?

Hey all!!

Working as a landscape architect in an engineering firm has brought along a few unique questions I can't seem to find a solution too. One particularly useful aspect of Revit as a landscape architect is the ability to use 'floors' as automated planting beds. Although a bit clunky, we model "planting masses" as 'floors' against a reference civil surface using modify points. This allows us to use an automated equation to prefill and determine the required quantities of plants for our Planting Schedules. Although this is a great solution and gives us a faster workflow, the end result of our sheets can look a bit messy.

For example, when viewing the floors in plan view. The floors show the network of tangents joining all the points together to form the floor mesh. Is there a way to turn this off? Our solution at the moment is to make the floor transparent (to keep the calculations of plants)  then create a filled region over the top of the floor using the annotation tool. This does give the desired result, but is essentially double handling the work.

Please see the screenshot. I've draw over some of the issue in red to make the pattern more visible, but this problem affects the entire green floor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Labels (5)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
barthbradley
in reply to: dylan.astawa

Do you mean you are shape-editing Floors using Modify Sub-Elements?  Turn of Interior Edges Subcategory under Floor Category .

Message 3 of 14
dylan.astawa
in reply to: barthbradley

Yes correct, we add points and move so they match to the required surfaces. Unfortunately your suggestion didn't work 😞

Message 4 of 14
barthbradley

It should have worked. Is the View Range Cut Plane intersecting the Floor?  Raise the Cut Plane above the Floor and uncheck Interior Edges.  

Message 5 of 14
dylan.astawa

I forgot to note (and probably to most import aspect!) this is happening to our sheets saved to PDF. So perhaps there is an option to choose in which way Revit renders floors when sending to PDF?
Message 6 of 14
barthbradley

Are you Printing Shaded or Rendered or Realistic Views?  

Message 7 of 14
dylan.astawa

Not exactly sure, just pressing Ctrl + P and sending to the virtual Adobe PDF printer. Revit seems to be using the same tangent geometry to divide the region up for vector printing.

Message 8 of 14
barthbradley

Yah, I'm not following you, but Printed output in Revit is WYSIWYG...for the most part.  

About Printing Views and Sheets | Revit Products 2021 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 9 of 14
dylan.astawa

Except the issue doesn't appear inside Revit, only on the PDF output it produces. So I guess for this case it's not 'WYUSIWUG'.

Message 10 of 14
barthbradley

What? 

Message 11 of 14
barthbradley

I think I get it. It's all very clear to me now.  

Good luck.  

Message 12 of 14
dylan.astawa

What do you mean by "what?"

The issue I'm describing only appears on PDF's produced from Revit, it doesn't appear when viewing the floor in Plan view inside Revit. Therefore, I would assume the issue is an artifact produced by Revit when rendering/printing the plan. Because the floor is being sent as a vector output, Revit must be either assigning a line weight to the lines, or there is a small gap between each face of the floor.

Message 13 of 14
barthbradley

I believe you. All's good. Sorry.  

Peace. 

Message 14 of 14
dylan.astawa

Haha all good. Sorry, I should have explained myself better 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report