Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Calculated formula for diagonal length.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1624 Views, 3 Replies

Calculated formula for diagonal length.

I am trying to create a formula to calculate the diagonal length of the precast panel in wall schedule, but I am having trouble to come up with the correct synthax. This is how I am inputting it (Length^2+Height^2)^1/2, but coming up with wrong values. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks 

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
eng.mostafa2414
in reply to: Anonymous

It should be:

sqrt(Length^2+Height^2)

Mostafa Elashmawy
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
barthbradley

Sounds like you want to calculate the length of the hypotenuse ("c") of a right triangle knowing only "a" and "b".

Trig1.png

c = sqrt(a ^ 2 + b ^ 2)

More:  

https://www.revitforum.org/showthread.php/1046-Revit-Formulas-for-quot-everyday-quot-usage

Trig.png

Message 4 of 4
RDAOU

@Anonymous 

You were on the right track but you forgot the brackets (1/2)...Based on your formula it would be 

form.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report