Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabinet Knob issue in Cabinet Family.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
316 Views, 7 Replies

Cabinet Knob issue in Cabinet Family.

I'm having an issue with an upper cabinet family I have in my project.  The knobs aren't showing up in the correct spot even though they are snapped to the right place.  Also, one of the knob styles does not show up in the front view at all...so I'm unable to make sure it is in the correct  place when loaded into the project.  Both knob families work well on all lower cabinet families in my project.   Any help figuring this out would be appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Lock the Knob Ref. Plane to the Bottom Ref. Plane.

Knob.png

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

If you load this into a project and change the height it only works on one of the cabinets.  Also, it doesn't fix the fact that one of the knobs I have loaded isn't visible on the front (or placement view) when you are editing it in the cabinet family.

Message 4 of 8
barthbradley

You have two sets of knobs with different Visibility Settings.  One set is Visible in all Views/Detail Levels and the other set is not Visible  in Plan View.   Is this intentional?  Perhaps part of the problem? 

...actually, you have NO knobs visible in Plan View. Check the Visibility Settings of the nested knob family. 

...you might also associate the cabinet geometries Material Parameters to Family Parameters. 

Knob2.png 

...one more:

Knob3.png

Message 5 of 8
ToanDN

You want to lock the knob to ref planes and constrain the ref plane with locked dimensions.  Don't place dimension from the knob to a geometry line of the door sweep.

See revised family.

Message 6 of 8
barthbradley

...so, after associating the Materials and checking "Plan" under Visibility Settings for that one Knob Family, here's what I see in Project Elevation.  Way too many knobs. 

So, decide and set the proper Visibility Settings for the Knobs, Constrain them to a Locked Ref. Plane (as I explained above) and reload the Family into the Project.  Bada bing.

Knob4.png

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

The multiple knobs is intentional.  One is existing, one is new.  I can turn them on or off depending on if the view is new or existing.  Having the knobs not show in plan view is also intentional. 

I don't understand why, but associating the cabinet material was the key to make the knob appear in the placement (or front) view!  I snapped to ref. places and now everything is working.  I though I had snapped to a sweep in other families and it worked but perhaps not...and it definitely didn't work in this family.  Thanks for your help everyone!   

Message 8 of 8
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't understand why, but associating the cabinet material was the key to make the knob appear in the placement (or front) view!  

Yah, that's what I addressed above.  I don't have your family in front of me, but I also remember that the Visibility Settings of one of the two nested knobs was not permitting Visibility in Elevation.  Visible in Plan View was originally unchecked under the knobs Visibility Settings in its family.   It's a Face Based Family, so Visible in Plan is necessary to see it in Elevation Views - if that makes sense.    

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators