Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

building pads changes topography

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
2469 Views, 10 Replies

building pads changes topography

hi: 

I am wondering if I can change and control the actual height of building pads to not carving the whole topography above it and just make a hole or envelope inside the mountain not on the surface 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
bimscape
in reply to: Anonymous

Not with Building Pads

That's specifically what they are designed for- to modify the topography in order to create a horizontal plateu for your building.

Can you expalin the scenraio you want to create? ie what is it you are representing that remains buried under the topo?

Kind regards,
Ian

Author of The Complete Beginners' Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (free online course)
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: bimscape

yes, i want the halls to remain buried under the topography, I think there is no need for a pad in this case and just draw my walls and slabs on the correct levels as the topography is just a surface not mass?

Message 4 of 11
bimscape

Yes. ONly problem you will have is if you take a section through the topography / building, Revit will draw on the earth below- even though (as a 3D element) it is not a mass. So you may have to workaround that "graphical issue"

Kind regards,
Ian

Author of The Complete Beginners' Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (free online course)
Message 5 of 11
ToanDN

You should have a pad @ the bottom of the building + another topography with the bottom above the roof and the surface align with the main topography.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: bimscape

I got it Thank You 

Message 7 of 11
ToanDN

Here is an illustration of what I said above.

Capture.PNG

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

thank you very much, i will try it

Message 9 of 11
martynas92

Hi,

how did you managed to make topography over a building pad?

When I make hole in topo with building pad and paste earlier splitted and cuted surface it is going deep as main topography. Is there a way to control its depth?

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Hi,

@ToanDN 

How did you manage second topography over the building top slab? can you please share the Revit file with us.

Thanks

Message 11 of 11
ToanDN
in reply to: martynas92

@martynas92 wrote:

Hi,

how did you managed to make topography over a building pad?

When I make hole in topo with building pad and paste earlier splitted and cuted surface it is going deep as main topography. Is there a way to control its depth?

I had to convert the top topography to a roof with the same material.  See attached file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report