Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug Fix: Detail Number in a View Schedule missing - please add

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wr.marshall
862 Views, 4 Replies

As seen in the screen shots I can control in the properties, but not in a view schedule. Would aid in renumbering Views in one place to better order them.

View Schedule 1.JPGView Schedule 2.JPG

Please feel free to move to ideas if required ( @kimberly.fuhrman )

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

@wr.marshall , I doubt that the "Detail Number" property of a view would be useful in a schedule. For example, if there is only one large floor plan in multiple sheets, all those views will show the same value of "1" in "Detail Number". What can you do with that?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: wr.marshall

Numbering and order of views are based on where they placed on sheet.
Renumbering them blindly on a schedule seems to be counter intuitive.
Message 4 of 5
tturnerJBN46

I agree that this would be helpful. We number our Framing and Finish Elevations & Wall Sections with a separate number regardless of the Sheet.

Message 5 of 5
Mike.FORM

I can see this being useful for quickly seeing if there are missing numbers for views on a sheet.

Often we will place a view on a sheet and then decide later that it should actually be on another sheet. If you had placed other views on the sheet after the one you are now removing you can end up with a missing value in the sheet numbering.

EX. on a sheet you have 10 details and you move the view that is numbered 3, now there won't be a view with number 3.

A schedule sorted by sheet, then detail number would let you quickly find any missing values without having to open every sheet and visually scanning.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report