Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brick Sill Hatch

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dimitri.b
427 Views, 6 Replies

Brick Sill Hatch

I would like to show a hatch to the below brick sill 

The bricks are standard Australian Size with bricks at intervals of 76mm with 10mm mortar joint. 

What is the best way to show this? 

dimitrib_0-1681041145881.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dimitri.b
in reply to: dimitri.b

One way I could kind of achieve it was creating my own pat file using PyRevit, but as you can see there is an issue with the hatch turning the corner as the sill is modelled as a sweep

dimitrib_0-1681041676154.png

Message 3 of 7
barthbradley
Message 4 of 7
barthbradley

Drafting fill patterns can have different orientations.

Help | About Fill Pattern Host Orientation | Autodesk

Message 5 of 7
dimitri.b
in reply to: barthbradley

Thanks in that link they don't actually show you how to "align to element" so that the pattern changes direction when the wall changes direction. 

The way I achieved it was to create a separate brick material and pat file flipped 90 degrees. I then used the paint tool and set that new material to the surfaces that were at 90 degrees. I achieved the below result. Not sure if this is the fastest but I suppose it worked.

dimitrib_0-1681126287865.png

Message 6 of 7
ToanDN

You can use Split Face to split the top face of the sill at the corners, and paint each face with the same brick material.  Then you can align the pattern individually without a new material.  The method of create a new material specific for a pattern orientation does not work very well when you have more than a couple of angles in your model.

Message 7 of 7
ToanDN

Another simple way is to add a small slope to the cap profile (which it should be) then the pattern will orient itself automatically.

ToanDN_0-1681145228609.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators