Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beveled Countertops

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
BigPicture045
870 Views, 5 Replies

Beveled Countertops

I model countertops with floors. I would like to have a bevel around the edge of the countertop. As you can see in the image, the countertop I am modeling has a slight C-shaped bevel. 

Ryan_Hettinger_0-1624920277036.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
RDAOU
in reply to: BigPicture045

@BigPicture045 

What is the question? how to model the beveled edge?

Edit the family >> create a void sweep >> in 3D pick the edges of the countertop >> finish sketch >> use cut geometry

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 6
BigPicture045
in reply to: RDAOU

How do you edit the family, it is a floor. 

Ryan_Hettinger_0-1624928703608.png

Message 4 of 6
ToanDN

@BigPicture045 wrote:

How do you edit the family, it is a floor. 

Ryan_Hettinger_0-1624928703608.png

Then model in place and create a void sweep using the same method, cut geometry the floor with the void then finish the model in place.

Message 5 of 6
RDAOU

@BigPicture045 

That is an interesting way to model furniture and countertops! and so shall the swept void be too ... in-place.

Consistency is good...but you should consider modeling such elements as families instead

sweep2.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 6 of 6
BigPicture045
in reply to: RDAOU

I was able to put a bevel on my [Floor Element] countertops by simply using  1 Model In-Place Void Sweep. Thanks for the help.

Ryan_Hettinger_0-1624974182011.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators