Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beams Showing As Thin Line

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
11128 Views, 6 Replies

Beams Showing As Thin Line

Hi,

Attached is a cross sectional view. As you can see the `I` beams are showing going in/out of the page but the ones going horizontally only show as a single line ( on the beams centre line ).  Is there a reason for this?  Is there a setting I can alter to get the full beam profile to be seen?

Thanks

Darren

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dzanta
in reply to: Anonymous

double check the level of detail for the view...it may be set to coarse...set it to medium or fine and the beams should show properly.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: dzanta

Thanks for the reply, it isn't that idea.  What I have found is that the beam of the top floor is thin lined and the others are thick.  No beam along the horizontal is cut in the sectional view so I'm a bit confused as to the different thickness especially as they are the same beam type.

Message 4 of 7
dzanta

is there a view template override?

is there an element graphic override?

can you copy/paste the beams to a new project file to see if it looks the same?

is the Thin Line command turned on?

What is the scale of the section view?...sometimes having Thin Lines command off makes the view look strange

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 5 of 7
ToanDN

Can you make the screenshot larger and zoom in closer to the problem area?
Message 6 of 7
s0171531

For me that worked! Had my beams as filled lines instead of seing the volumes, thank you!

Message 7 of 7
kristina.starr

Thank you for your response, it helped me

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators