Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awning Family Louver Rotation

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
686 Views, 7 Replies

Awning Family Louver Rotation

I am having an issue in creating an awning family with angled louvers inside a frame. It works as expected, except if I set a Type Parameter for the angle of the louver to 90 degrees - the louver will set to the angle intended, but the next time I change the angle, Revit says the constraints are not satisfied. Can you help me understand this angle locking issue?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Weird. I cannot open file in either 2018 or 2019, but I can see thumbnail.  Must be "Hump Day". Going downhill.  

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Running 2019 here and I can open it from download. Cheers to sHlump Day 

Message 4 of 8
barthbradley

Okay, got over the hump and was able to open it.  Nest the louver into the family, hosting it to a Ref. Line which is labeled with an angle parameter.   

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

So does the louver need to be a Generic Line-Based family?

Should the host Ref. Line be parallel to the rotation axis (louver rotates around host line) or perpendicular to it (louver rotates with host line)?

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
barthbradley

Hard to explain in writing what to do, and I can't take the time to build it to show you. But, I'm going to offer you something of greater value.  Read and follow the instructions in the link below, and I guarantee you will take away from it the best foundational knowledge to build any family of this type.  

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. 

http://planta1.com/blog/rotating-a-revit-model-family-in-3-different-axes-by-reference-lines/

p.s. you don't need 3 levels of nesting for yours, but the basic principals still apply.  

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Wow, great resource!

Thanks for the pointer.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

@barthbradley Thanks again for the resource, I was able to figure it out. Here's what I ended up with:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators