Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Dynamic Blocks showing all the variations when Linked/Imported to Revit

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1071 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD Dynamic Blocks showing all the variations when Linked/Imported to Revit

We are using Dynamic Blocks in CAD like T&B modules, Kitchen modules etc., each dynamic blocks consist of different configuration/layout. When importing to Revit for referencing, all of the Dynamic Blocks configuration shows up. Is there a setting or a trick to show only what is shown in CAD?

Labels (5)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
greg_benson-shettle
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi lordsonduranbim,  I have tested AutoCAD Dynamic blocks with visibility options for doors at different angles and sofas of different sizes and they all appear in Revit as they do in the AutoCAD drawing. I tested in Revit 2019 & 2022 so maybe it is the ACAD block. If you share, happy to test it.

gregbensonshettle_0-1627980522913.png

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: greg_benson-shettle

Thanks for your prompt response @greg_benson-shettle, I have attached the AutoCAD dynamic blocks for your testing.

Message 4 of 5
greg_benson-shettle
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi lordsonduranbim,

It appears that issue arises when the block has had what appears to be a clipping boundary adjusted to hide certain elements. Revit is not recognising the clipping boundary and displays the whole block.  I recommend that for further variations within the block make further visibility states that do not include what you are trying to hide.

gregbensonshettle_0-1627987919468.png

ACAD on right shows adjusted clipping boundary and on the left Revit shows the full block, ignoring clipping boundary.

Hope this helps for the future.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: greg_benson-shettle

That explains why.
Thank you very much again @greg_benson-shettle for your solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators