Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One keynote is not showing but all the others are!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
manjusreedeb
546 Views, 8 Replies

One keynote is not showing but all the others are!

Hello everyone, I am having difficulty with keynotes. One keynote is not showing but all the others are showing in the sheet. They have all been written in the keynote file exactly in the same way and also tagged by user keynotes. Interestingly if I assign it any other keynote number, it still does not show up. 

I hope I was able to explain clearly. Please help!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
barthbradley
in reply to: manjusreedeb

Sounds strange. What is the element you are keynoting?  Do you actually see keynote being placed?  

Message 3 of 9
ToanDN

Uncrop the view and see if it is outside of the Annotation Crop region.
Message 4 of 9
manjusreedeb

I literally just figured it out right now. This specific keynote started with " double quotation marks, once I fixed it all is good now, thank you!

Message 5 of 9
ToanDN

@manjusreedeb wrote:

I literally just figured it out right now. This specific keynote started with " double quotation marks, once I fixed it all is good now, thank you!

Is this statement true?

"Interestingly if I assign it any other keynote number, it still does not show up. "

Does that mean that the other keynote numbers you changed to also have double quotation marks?

Message 6 of 9
manjusreedeb
in reply to: ToanDN

Yes because this specific keynote had the quotation marks. So the problem was I am guessing is it does not recognize a keynote when the sentence starts with "double quotation marks

Message 7 of 9
ToanDN

@manjusreedeb wrote:

Yes because this specific keynote had the quotation marks. So the problem was I am guessing is it does not recognize a keynote when the sentence starts with "double quotation marks

Good on you to figure that one out.

However, I don't seem to have that particular problem (Revit 2019 & 2022).  Perhaps, because I use Excel to edit the keynote database.

ToanDN_0-1628023664459.png

Message 8 of 9
manjusreedeb
in reply to: ToanDN

This project that I am working on is in Revit 2021. Interesting, this definitely has to be a bug that Autodesk has fixed in Revit 2022.

Message 9 of 9
barthbradley

No like "BUG" here  with 2021.  Double Quotation mark (") has no effect.  A Double Double does though (e.g. "").   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report