Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrays and visibility

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1208 Views, 4 Replies

Arrays and visibility

Hi all,

Can anyone help me with the following question?

I want to create a family as seen below and i have to make the no  of rows and columns as instance parameter. I know that i have to use arrays, but the problem is the shape of the families that I'm going to nest into the main family, any one have any clue?

forum.PNG

Thank you so much.....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
chrisplyler
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, one simple way is with extrusions in a generic family...

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

Hey thanks for your concern...

I can extrude that panels easily because i have igs files with me, what I was asking was about how to set instance parameters for no of rows and columns (Here we have 6 columns and 5 rows) for this kind of irregular continuous shapes....

Thank you

Message 4 of 5
Sahay_R

Create your panels as separate families. Nest them into the final family. Please see screencast. 

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 5 of 5
chrisplyler

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey thanks for your concern...

I can extrude that panels easily because i have igs files with me, what I was asking was about how to set instance parameters for no of rows and columns (Here we have 6 columns and 5 rows) for this kind of irregular continuous shapes....

Thank you

I apologize. I could have sworn you said that:

1. You know you need to use an array and assign instance parameters for the number of rows and columns, but that...

2. The problem is THE SHAPE OF THE FAMILY you need to nest in.

No? I read it wrong?

To assign parameters to those array values, first just make an array with like 3 rows and 4 columns or whatever. Then select the array, and with it selected, you will be able to click on one of the values and create a parameter for it just like you would be able to do for a dimension value. Then do the same for the other one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators