Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arched curtain wall mullion

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
paanz
6244 Views, 14 Replies

Arched curtain wall mullion

Dear forum members,

I know similar topics exists about curved curtain walls, but I think my problem should have a simple workaround. The arched curtain wall in the photo automatically adopts a curved glass panel, but the mullion comes straight. what is a quick solution to this? 

Thanks in advance 🙂

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
bin
Advisor
in reply to: paanz

Use the Mullion under Architecture Tab and click on the arc of your curtain wall. 

Message 3 of 15
ennujozlagam

you need to create your curtain wall in floor plan view then edit profile of your curtain wall in your elevation whatever shape you want it to be then you can apply your mullion in your 3d view or elevation. thanks

CURTAINWALL.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 15
paanz
in reply to: bin

Well that is what I expected to work, but it places a straight mullion like what you see in the photo. I tired with different mullion families and the same thing happens.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 15
paanz
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Thanks for your answer. This is what I had done first and it didn't take the curve shape. 

I just tried to create the arch with a different arc line tool and this works! so I guess these different line tools seen in the attach image  could have different behaviors. 

Capture1.PNG

Message 6 of 15
bin
Advisor

You are right, it won’t work on ellipse and spline. It will create str eight one instead of curved one. Just use multiple arcs, then create mullions. 

Message 7 of 15
barthbradley

You can Edit Profile of Walls -- including Curtain Walls.  Mullion will follow profile.  

Edit Profile.pngEdit Profile 2.png

Edit Profile 3.png

Message 8 of 15
bin
Advisor
in reply to: barthbradley

The problem is that Op used an ellipse for the arch, which will not work. He has to use multiple arc to create that shape. 

Message 9 of 15
barthbradley

3 Centered Arch.png

Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 15
ennujozlagam

nice....

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 11 of 15
paanz

True, like using a single arc the mullion in the image below does not adopt the curved shape and Revit place two straight lines. . I think it depends on the radius of the arc. In this case a segmented arc should be used with multiple mullions to achieve the desired arc shape.

12.PNG

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

I am NOT seeing the ability to modify the profile of the curtain wall. 

I am not sure how you did that... Your pictures seem pretty clear, however this is not how things are working on my end. see pics below... no 'edit profile' option when curtain wall is selected. 

image 1.PNG

Image 2.PNG

Message 13 of 15
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Huh? You don't have Edit Profile?  What version of Revit? LT??? If you don't have Edit Profile, then this method won't work for you.  

...You could add the mullion manually to your wall opening's arch via an In-Place sweep.  

Message 14 of 15

Awesome, works great!

(the arch-formula)

Thanks!

Message 15 of 15
gwest1

So I was able to figure out editing the profile to get an arched storefront on my own no problem. However, I need radial mullions a mullion that follows the profile of the arch. Anyone know how to do that? So far my best idea is to model those mullions as a model in place family.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators