Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

angled walls

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1616 Views, 4 Replies

angled walls

How do you change the dimension of a wall between two angled walls?  In my drawing I annotated between the inside corners of two 45 degree walls.  If you can see it, the dimension is 4'2 7/16" where the angled walls are in the top middle of the screen.  It won't let me change the dimension if I click on either side of the wall like you can on perpendicular walls.  I'm going off a handwritten drawing and he dimensioned from the inside corner of those angled walls.  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Add a couple of ref planes and move the angle walls.

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 5
L.Maas

I normally use the formulas option. For example if I want the wall to be 1300 mm instead of 1281 I move the wall to the right (or the left) and use a formula like this.

Move Walls.png

Let Revit do the math 😉

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 4 of 5
RDAOU

Reason I think is because in order to use aligned anotation to anotate angled walls you are required to tab select the node at the end/intersection between two walls. When you select the wall later to change the dimension; Revit will not be able to identify/diferentiate to which wall this node belongs too as it is a comon point between two elements.

I personally prefer the  @L.Maas (Aka. Louis)  suggested... Just find it more practical than refplanes and more specific when it comes to which direction should the wall shift when the dimension is modified

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: L.Maas

Clever method and certainly quicker!!

There are cases when the dim shows a round-up number then the result distance will also be a round-up number. Minor but it bothers if one is an OCD like myself 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report