Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angled Curtain Wall Corner Mullions

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
bd2427
11009 Views, 7 Replies

Angled Curtain Wall Corner Mullions

Hi all,

Im looking for a solution for angled corner mullions as shown. Not sure why this is not default corner mullion type in Revit since its quite oftenly practiced in the field. 

2018-10-04_11-37-28.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Avaris.
in reply to: bd2427

Too bad they didn't include it, unfortunately corner mullions are system families, I've seen work arounds of people who are creating two halves.

But to be honest I would either:

-model it in two parts. One using the dedicated quad corner mullion to control the size of the panels. The other part an extrusion to model the structural profile.

-model it as one generic model.

Message 3 of 8
Ziqq

-

Message 4 of 8
Corsten.Au

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/quad-corners/td-p/7839480

Checkout Quad Mullions for changing angles between walls.Checkout Quad Mullions for changing angles between walls.

Corsten
Building Designer
Message 5 of 8
bd2427
in reply to: Avaris.

Thank you Marc

I guess this may be the best workaround. It seems quite dumb to not offering corner mullions with profile alterations since it so commonly practiced in the market for years. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

You can use a profile shape to do this, but it seems to bug out for interior corners.

1-Ext Corner.jpg3-ExtCornerinstructions.jpg

Here is the bugged out interior corner

2-IntCorner.jpg

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Quad corner mullion is not working properly - I have a corner condition at 100 degrees not 90 and the walls are joined. The quad corner mullion will not recognize that the angle is not 90 and there is no way to input that information (would be a great tool!) How do I fix this?

kwinchell9WP7Y_0-1610036238047.pngkwinchell9WP7Y_1-1610036289811.png

Message 8 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Share your file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators