Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Align Model Elements between Levels

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
EdynM
344 Views, 3 Replies

Align Model Elements between Levels

I am looking for a way to align model elements (like the windows below) in cases when there are repeated floor layouts in a building.

emccartySPZK4_0-1673575305399.png

Ideally, by moving one of the elements left or right on the wall, the others would move to align with it as well. I achieved something similar by using the dimension tool, locking it at 0", and then deleting the dimension. However, that method is difficult and time consuming to set up and doesn't offer much freedom if I need to remove one of the elements (especially if it is on a middle level.)

Is there any way to do this without breaking up the walls on each level and copying the level as a group? (That causes misalignment with walls when the level heights are different but the floor plan is the same.)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: EdynM

Use Align tool and choose Lock option.

ToanDN_0-1673575663885.png

Message 3 of 4
EdynM
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks ToanDN,

They align tool works great when all the elements are aligned, but if I later need to move one of the elements out of alignment (especially one in the center), it breaks up the other doors and it seems like I have to align them all again. Is there any work around for that issue?

Message 4 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: EdynM

If you tick Lock when align them then they should move together when you move one door.  Remember to CLEAR Disjoin box when you move.

ToanDN_0-1673642517010.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators