Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After purge the family types are missing

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1118 Views, 12 Replies

After purge the family types are missing

Hi, I have purged my file then I loaded a door family into file which I had before. However this time door family doesn't show all types. Thank you for any help.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
joe_keogh
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi The family and its types that are not placed in the project are deleted when you Purge Unused.

The door types you created in the project are not saved back to the family, only the project that you created them in.

So when you load the door family, only the Family Types defined in the Family, are loaded.

You could restore a previous version of the project and restore them from there.

Joe Keogh
Director | Design Technology + Innovation
www.viewlistic.com.au

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: joe_keogh

No, the problem is the Family Types that defined in the Family, are not loaded. I just see the ones that I used. 

Message 4 of 13
ennujozlagam

you wrote

I just see the ones that I used.

what do you mean by that? can you see them inside your project? or go to your project browser > families > door and see if your door type is there? or try to load again your door. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Thank you for response, I tried x-ref, but it didn't let me double click and fill out the attributes.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

I loaded the family several times, but the types exists inside the family not inside project.

Message 7 of 13
ennujozlagam

you wrote

Thank you for response, I tried x-ref, but it didn't let me double click and fill out the attributes.

are we in the same frequency? Smiley Surprised

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 8 of 13
ennujozlagam

can you share the family so we can check. thanks

Message 9 of 13
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

Xrefs? Attributes? Are we talking Revit or AutoCAD here?

Message 10 of 13
ToanDN

Make a small change to the family such as add a line or a ref plane, and load it again. Then you go back to the family, undo the change and reload.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Message 12 of 13
RobDraw

Sorry, the post before yours was already marked as the solution.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 13 of 13
johnlim2079

I encounter this problems frequently when trying to inport any family types into my project, could you help me out thanks!

johnlim2079_0-1589212674546.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report