Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add LOGO or PIC in revit sheet has a water mark

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
vishnurmdy
512 Views, 5 Replies

Add LOGO or PIC in revit sheet has a water mark

Has you have read in the title i am looking for ways to add watermark i.e., "logo" to my Titleblock or sheet set in revit 

i have tried many ways like importing image and setting it background and transparency but what i need is a family in the sheet layout so that i would not need to repeat the process again and again...

it would be helpful if anyone's got a solution or a link to any video.

Thanks for the help

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jay_colcombe
in reply to: vishnurmdy

You need to edit the Template and add it in here.

For Logos etc. it is  recommended to use a Generic Annotation Family and create you information inside here then insert it into the template, you could even control its visibility with an Yes/No parameters to turn it on and off.

please review the extract below;

Watermark notes need to be transparent and faint, so they don’t detract from the main drawing or sheet. To create a watermark symbol:

• Create a New Family
  • Choose the Generic Annotation family template
  • Create a text note to a suitable size, font etc and enable transparency.

I used the ‘Swiss721 BdOul BT’ font in my example. I used this font as it is hollow and looks different from annotations native in the document.

Set the text to a large 20mm text size, so it is noticeable, with a X2 Width Factor and fills the page.

• Disable right reading in the family properties

jay_colcombe_0-1695800062334.jpeg

Adjust other settings to suit as desired. Once completed, load the family into the project and place it either onto a view or sheet as required.

jay_colcombe_1-1695800062393.jpeg

For greater efficiency, a watermark can be added to a title sheet, with several toggle-able options for like Prelim, Draft or For Construction etc.

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 6
syman2000

Is this what you are after? Just add transparent image or large text placed in the titleblock

syman2000_0-1695827998597.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 4 of 6
RSomppi
in reply to: syman2000

It looks like the text is covering up the linework. That's not desirable for a watermark.

Message 5 of 6
syman2000
in reply to: RSomppi

Correct. This is why you would add watermark through PDF and not in Revit file. Revit is terrible at image display and won't display transparency properly.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/add-watermarks-pdfs.html

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 6 of 6
ToanDN

It's better to add watermark to PDF than in Revit.  The PDF waternark can be added more quickly, the content is more flexible, the graphic and transparency is better. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report