Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden occurrence of Multiple ACC/B360 Users Getting "Sharing Violations" and ""Local File is not compatible with the central model" errors

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
josephsWYW3U
220 Views, 3 Replies

Sudden occurrence of Multiple ACC/B360 Users Getting "Sharing Violations" and ""Local File is not compatible with the central model" errors

Is anyone else encountering this? It just popped up over the past 48 hours across multiple teams. I've checked Autodesk for the error. There are two pages on it. One is a conflict with Trend Micro Antivirus, but we don't use that. The other is more generic. We cleared temp files but no dice, we entirely disabled anti virus and again, no dice (did this after we got an incompatible error, did not get to try this with the sharing violation as users blew past it).

1. Version: Revit 2023 (Checking versions to make sure everyone is on the correct version. A few have been old and I've updated them, but that doesn't seem to be the conflict. Users on the same older 2023 versions are getting the issue)
  2. All projects ACC/B360 (no local)
  3. Workers home and Remote
  4. Cleared Temp Files - Did not help
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
abelliveau
in reply to: josephsWYW3U

I've been getting this for two weeks now. Is yours still doing the same?

Message 3 of 4
josephsWYW3U
in reply to: abelliveau

Yep, I think we got it addressed.

The journal noted Revit couldn’t access some temp files. (I can’t remember the exactly type, check your journal for the culprit). We found out that windows pushed out an updated the week prior that affected reading .xlm files and a few other potential culprits.

That in combination with our security software was causing the issue. We worked with our vendor to tweak some settings and haven’t seen the error since. I’d start with getting a journal, figuring out what Revit is having trouble accessing, and then working with IT to see if it’s a permissions issue.
Message 4 of 4
abelliveau
in reply to: josephsWYW3U

Yeah, I've gone into the journal files and it's something that ends with "Revit893d8d15-4d3f-4d31-b861-4af338d36dc5.project.xml.zip." Still working with our IT to figure it out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report