Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add construction time as a property to an object

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
531 Views, 7 Replies

Add construction time as a property to an object

Hi there,

I am a new Revit user and would like to know if there is a way to assign a construction time to objects to automatically derive a rough schedule?
In the best case, the schedule should be created and simulated in a BIM software such as Navisworks.

Is there any possibilty to create a schedule automatically from a Revit model?

Labels (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

i don't think it is possible at moment? only this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR0fXh-vZbk

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 8
cbcarch

You could try experimenting with Phases and assign different elements to different Phases.

You could then Schedule the elements by Phase/Phase Filter.

I would not recommend doing this in a production model that construction documents will be generated from.

Maybe try a test with a Detached copy of the production model.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 4 of 8
HVAC-Novice

I doubt this is possible outside a dedicated project management software. So many processes happen in parallel and depend on each other in varying stages. 

As said above, Revit uses phases. But this is more used for large sections of time. Like you have phase one to build one part of a building and a year later you have phase 2 to add an addition. The phases don't really have a duration. 

The only real order of activity in Revit would be demolition. Like you demo a door, and Revit fills the opening with wall. but there is no duration or when that happens. 

In Revit you create a construction document that shows the result at the end of a phase. A contractor would use their means and methods (inc. schedules) to determine how to accomplish it. 

Revit version: R2024.2.1
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Thank you guys for your help. So you are saying right now there is now way to generate a schedule out of a BIM Model automatically?

Message 6 of 8
ennujozlagam

yes

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 7 of 8
HVAC-Novice

It is a design software.  I'm not aware of a any design software (MEP, structural etc.) that also is a construction management software. 

It would add too much complexity since the actual construction schedule is not relevant to the designer (except phasing).  and a person who actually creates schedules (General contractor project manager) is not a designer and wouldn't use Revit. 

I don't know the other AEC Autodesk software well, but don't think they have a dedicated CM software. So if you are subscribed to the total AEC package, yo can explore those. 

I understand where the idea comes from, but this is like expecting MS PowerPoint to also be a spreadsheet. 

Revit version: R2024.2.1
Message 8 of 8
cbcarch

Revit + Navisworks -- Timeliner is the industry standard workflow for such things.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators