Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019.1 Recent Files list not updating correctly

116 REPLIES 116
SOLVED
Message 1 of 117
isaac_hedberg
9057 Views, 116 Replies

2019.1 Recent Files list not updating correctly

We have multiple computers running Revit 2019.1, where the recent files list (both home screen and file menu) are not updating the projects after applying the patch.  It worked great on 2019 prior to the .1 patch.  We don't use worksets on our projects, so this is not a central file vs. local file issue. 

Any ideas for fixes are appreciated!

Ike

Title edited for clarity by @Viveka_CD

116 REPLIES 116
Message 61 of 117
isaac_hedberg
in reply to: Viveka_CD

My list stopped updating again Friday afternoon (2018-10-05) at some point, but I wasn't positive until today.  It had been working great since a clean install on 2018-09-17.  The first clue that it stopped was that the Sample Architecture Project appeared on the home screen without being opened.  I will upload a new Diagnostic package, if the site lets me.

Message 62 of 117

Please can this be fixed,  not everyone uses Central files, thousands of Practices work on small jobs every day and save their files locally or on a server but not as central files. Revit LT 2019.1 works fine, yes, OK, it can't do central files but that's not the point,  with Lt you can access your recent files.  Surely Revit should be able to tell the difference between a local central file and a stand alone file!

If there is already a solution please let me know or get this patched, or put it back the way it was until it can be done properly, PLEASE

Message 63 of 117

@greg_benson-shettle
This is a link to the temporary fix, until the devs are able to provide a patch to prevent the issue from occurring.

Recent files list workaround

Message 64 of 117

Hey isaac.hedberg , thanks for this tip and so quick, Kudos. That has worked for now, as you mentioned, a good  work around until the devs get it fixed.

Message 65 of 117

Hi @greg_benson-shettle

Thanks for reporting this. It will be great if you can send us a recent journal recording the steps.

The dev team is investigating this for a resolution - journals and any other information you think is vital will be great to help us in identifying the cause.

Regards,

Message 66 of 117

Hi Viveka,

Attached are my Revit journals for yesterday, pre & post the fix.

Hope this helps, should you need anything else, please feel free to ask.

Kind regards,

Greg Benson-Shettle
Autodesk Certified Trainer

T: 023 8086 8947

greg.benson-shettle@graitec.com | www.graitec.co.uk

[cid:image006.png@01D32743.D0E6E000]

[cid:image001.jpg@01D029A5.27D7C860]

[AEC-PowerPack-Signature]

Southampton Office
Riverside House
Brunel Road
Totton, Southampton
Hants
SO40 3WX

T: (023) 8086 8947

Bradford Office
Quayside House
Salts Mill Road
Shipley, Bradford
West Yorkshire
BD18 3ST

T: (01274) 532919

Nottingham Office
Sherwood House
Gregory Boulevard
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
NG7 6LB

T: (0115) 969 1114

Durham Office
Chancery Court
Belmont Business Park
Durham
County Durham
DH1 1TW

T: (0191) 374 2020

Milton Keynes Office
Cranfield Innovation Centre
University Way
Cranfield
Bedfordshire
MK43 0BT

T: (01908) 410026

Sent: 17 October 2018 14:56
To: Greg Benson-Shettle
Subject: Viveka_CD mentioned you in the Autodesk forums post

[Autodesk_logo]

Hi greg.benson-shettle,

Viveka_CD (Autodesk Support) mentioned you in a post. Join the conversation below:

Hi @greg_benson-shettle

Thanks for reporting this. It will be great if you can send us a recent journal recording the steps.

The dev team is investigating this for a resolution - journals and any other information you think is vital will be great to help us in identifying the cause.

Regards,

Reply | Give Likes

Note: When you reply by email, your signature file if you set one up in your email client is displayed in the thread. If you don't want your signature file to appear in the thread, please remove it before replying.

Manage your notification settings or unsubscribe.

Go to site preferences to receive email notifications in another language.

Privacy | Legal Notices & Trademarks| © Copyright 2018 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.

Message 67 of 117

Hi @greg_benson-shettle

Thanks for your response. 

I didn't see the files attached, can you please re-send through a link?

Regards,

Message 68 of 117

hopefully you will get them this time

Regards

Greg 

Message 69 of 117

Hi @greg_benson-shettle

Yes, I have your files now:)

I've passed it along to the dev team.

Thanks,

Message 70 of 117

Hi @greg_benson-shettle@isaac_hedberg@wobrien, @Anonymous, @ArmandD

This incident is being investigated for a possible cause and a resolution.

I will let you know once when having any updates from the team.

Please keep an eye on this article for any further public updates: Recent files list and Recent File icons are updating in Revit

Regards,

Message 71 of 117
isaac_hedberg

I don't have any data to back this up, but it seems like it breaks after opening a certain number of different files (Projects or Families.)  I was working on a lot of family updates the last week and the recents list broke faster than when I was busy working on a handful of projects.

Message 72 of 117
Viveka_CD
in reply to: isaac_hedberg

@isaac_hedberg wrote:

I don't have any data to back this up, but it seems like it breaks after opening a certain number of different files (Projects or Families.)  I was working on a lot of family updates the last week and the recents list broke faster than when I was busy working on a handful of projects.

Thanks for the information @isaac_hedberg

I will let the team know.

Regards,

Message 73 of 117

Ok, many thanks for your feedback and I look forward to hearing any further news as you learn more.
Kind regards,
Greg
Message 74 of 117
Mark_Engwirda

Hey its never worked, and I been on Revit since 2005 so don't hold your breath for a permanent fix.

Message 75 of 117
Viveka_CD
in reply to: Mark_Engwirda

Hi @Mark_Engwirda

Sorry to hear. Can you explain in detail on what you are experiencing?

Thanks,

Message 76 of 117
Darin_HDR
in reply to: isaac_hedberg

I was having the same problem but it was with all files (both work shared and not work shared files). Since I didn't know exactly what I was doing (not overly techie) I was hesitant to go into the .ini file and delete lines that reference the Revit Template file (.rte) or delete the entire .ini file that the listed solution posted by @isaac_hedberg says to do (as I didn't know what sort of lasting effects it would have on the Revit set up). So I went into the .ini file and just deleted the files listed under [RECENT FILE LIST]. This seemed to be the kick start it needed to flush out the problem and get the recent files updating again. 

Hopefully this works for others and is a little less abrasive than deleting an entire install file or code within that file that doesn't necessarily relate to the problem.

Message 77 of 117
Viveka_CD
in reply to: Darin_HDR

Hi @Darin_HDR

Thanks for getting back to us and sharing the update.

Please keep an eye on this article for any further public updates: Recent files list and Recent File icons are updating in Revit

Regards,

Message 78 of 117
Anonymous

The solution doesn't work. The recent file list only shows the central files, not local copies.

Message 79 of 117
Darin_HDR
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

The solution doesn't work. The recent file list only shows the central files, not local copies.

That's very possible. Like I said, my recent files list wasn't showing anything (including central models).

Message 80 of 117
Anonymous
in reply to: Darin_HDR

Originally none of the recent project were updating for me. Afterwards it only updates the central files.

But i noticed regardless of if I open a local copy or central the list updates to show the central model. Selecting this next time opens the prompt to create/ overwrite the local copy.

Throughout the process the recent families list updates.

I did the copy and delete fix. ini files are normally pretty safe to delete. The program will usually rebuild the file with default values. These files usually contain user settings and variables. These can also contain information about the size of dialogue boxes, their position on the screen and what was the last state of the options in that dialogue box.

The downside is the configuration of these needs to be redone, templates and the like. And any custom variables in the file will be lost. For this reason a backup copy is worth making. Like you say, you can modify the individual lines also.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators