Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing elements in PDF

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1095 Views, 3 Replies

Missing elements in PDF

Hello! There is a glitch in Revit that is characterized by the following points:

1. Rebar elements are missing in PDF (see picture 1, 2). That probably would be all graphical elements for example finishing elements.

2. Printer settings are as following (see picture 3)

3. Picture settings were modified in different variations (the only constant option is vector processing)

4. Ctrl-P used to start printing.

5. RAM is 16Gb and was never loaded more than 50%. Virtual memory was set up to use plenty of free space of the second harddrive.

6. Revit 2019.2

7. Used PDF printers: PDF-XChange Lite, PDFCreator, Microsoft Print to PDF  

8. The only option that modified the result was changing Zoom value. If set the numeric option to 99% (must be 100%), some elements appear and others disappear.

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jeremytammik
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear Андрей,

Thank you for your query.

Is this a Revit API issue, or an end user question?

Are you doing anything programmatically yourself, or just using the standard Revit user interface?

If you are not doing anything programmatically, please note that this discussion forum is dedicated to programming Revit using the Revit API.

Therefore, you cannot expect an answer to a question such as yours relating to installation, product usage or end user support issues here.

You should try one of the non-API Revit product support discussion forums instead for that:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-api-forum/this-forum-is-for-revit-api-programming-questions-not...

The people there are much better equipped to answer your question than us programming nerds.

If you are doing it programmatically, please be aware that the Revit API hardly ever supports any functionality that is not also available in the user interface.

Therefore, if this problem occurs in the UI as well as in the API, it would help most efficiently to solve it in the UI situation first.

It will always help to research the optimal manual approach to a solution first, before attacking the task programmatically.

I hope this clarifies.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jeremytammik

Hi, Jeremy!

It's both Revit API issue and an end user question. I have a plugin that prints sheets to PDF, and it works correctly in most cases. But some drawings I get are incorrect. They are printed with missing graphic elements.

I have no answer why the code below gives not equal drawing result:

Transaction tx = new Transaction(rm.Document, "printerManager_transaction");

var printManager = rm.Document.PrintManager;

var setting = printManager.PrintSetup.InSession;

var failOptions = tx.GetFailureHandlingOptions();
tx.SetFailureHandlingOptions(failOptions);
setting.PrintParameters.PaperPlacement = PaperPlacementType.Margins;

setting.PrintParameters.HiddenLineViews = HiddenLineViewsType.VectorProcessing;
setting.PrintParameters.ZoomType = ZoomType.Zoom;

setting.PrintParameters.Zoom = 99; //100<---------

If set the numeric option to 99% (must be 100%), some elements appear and others disappear. And vise versa  if set the numeric option to 100% another elements appear and others disappear.

I suppose it's Revit bug. The same result I get from Revit user interface without API.

Message 4 of 4
jeremytammik
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes. If the user interface displays the same problematic behaviour, you best chance will be to get it sorted out via the standard end user developer support. The API just reflects the underlying UI behaviour.

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community