Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter for elements inside of a linked room

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
627 Views, 2 Replies

Filter for elements inside of a linked room

Is there an easier way to filter for family instances inside of a room that is in a linked file? Right now I am using a collector for all rooms in linked document, and also a collector for all family instances in my main model. Getting the Location point of all the family instances. Then using the rooms .IsPointInRoom() method to see if the family instances point is in the room. This seems very inefficient, as I have to iterate through both collectors. 

I saw a post on this that used a bounding box of the room and applying a filter to the family instance collector, but I dont think this will work because the room and the family instances are in different models / documents.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cwaluga
in reply to: Anonymous

I would try the bounding box thing first. In case this works, you can add a ElementIntersectsSolidFilter with the solid representing the given room. The latter can be obtained from the ClosedShell property.

Message 3 of 3
Corsten.Au
in reply to: Anonymous

Check this if it helps..

Using Worksets in the Linked file, and placing elements in 

worksets to use it further to filter..

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/visibility-graphics-of-linked-models/m-p/817...

Best luck

Corsten
Building Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community