Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamo bounding box

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
nagybela2000
142 Views, 3 Replies

Dynamo bounding box

Hi there, I have a problem where I want to create a bounding rectangle around the doors in a Revit file. I’ve more or less managed to do that, but unfortunately, the coordinate system doesn’t match. Could you possibly help with what might be worth doing?Additionally, these solids are not being placed in Revit as generic models.

nagybela2000_0-1722864229878.pngnagybela2000_1-1722864244199.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi @nagybela2000 

Bounding box is always parallel to Internal Co-Ordinate system. In image created bounding boxes are correct.

If you need an angled bounding box, then take basis of the family instance and need to create our bounding box by computing geometry.

Hope this will Helps 🙂

Thanks & Regards,
Mohamed Arshad K
Message 3 of 4

Hey!

Dynamo geometry is different from Revit model elements. One is abstract object like a line or a point while other can be described on real world like walls or floors. To make Dynamo geometry touchable in Revit environment you can use ImportInstance.ByGeometry node.

Message 4 of 4
j0hnp
in reply to: nagybela2000

Dynamo now has a node for "BoundingBox.ByMinimumVolume" which is handy for non-axis aligned bounding boxes.
Minimum Volume:

j0hnp_0-1722965330261.png

vs Typical Axis Aligned Bounding Box:

j0hnp_1-1722965364416.png

john.pierson

expert elite / design technologist / dynamo package creator

designtechunraveled.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community