Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customise Ribbon

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
344 Views, 4 Replies

Customise Ribbon

How might I remove/declutter the Ribbon of commands I do not want used - either by all, or select, people. In other words, is there an Autocad-.cui-like interface to customise user workspaces beyond what is presently presented in the options dialog? Preferably without tinkering in the API

I'm looking at:

REMOVE

Import CAD

Explode .dwg

HIDE

Ramp

Soffit

Shaft

Insulation

Text

Purge

RESTRICT

In-Place Mass

Line patterns

Line styles

Object styles

Project Parameters

Project Units

Project Information

Coordinates

Position

Manage Links

Phases

ENABLE PERSONAL PREFERENCE

Browser Organisation (retained at a local model / user revit.ini level and not commited back to central)

Properies & Browser dialog locations

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
alan.quinn
in reply to: Anonymous

Currently this is not possible in Revit and I'm not sure if it will ever be possible but if you like I’d suggest leaving feedback at the below link. Information gathered is used to improve the application. Product Contact Link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 5

As @alan.quinn said, it's not possible on the product, but just to be complete, you can do some customization via API (although you said you don't want it).
Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 4 of 5

Hi Augusto,

with the Revit API, you can only add buttons but not remove them, especially not the built-in buttons.

As far as I understand, the user wants to reduce the GUI.

There are certain ways to modify existing buttons (remove, disable, hide), but all of them are unsupported,

meaning you can indeed reduce the content of the Ribbonbar, but only using hacks.

Revitalizer

Rudolf Honke
Software Developer
Mensch und Maschine

Message 5 of 5
alan.quinn
in reply to: Anonymous

If you are all set please mark this one as Accepted. Thanks again for posting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community