Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't load RevitAPIUI.dll

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2721 Views, 8 Replies

Can't load RevitAPIUI.dll

Hi All,

Sorry for the repost, but I think this is the better place to ask for this.

I'm starting to write code to access Revit Structure 2012 through the VB environment in Rhino/Grasshopper. When I'm trying to reference the assemblies, I can succesfully load the RevitAPI.dll, but I can't load the RevitAPIUI.dll.

The error is: 'Import failed for 'C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit Structure 2012\Program\RevitAPIUI.dll': Could not load file or assembly 'RevitAPIUI.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.'

It seems to look for adui18res.dll.

Any ideas what this could be? Or where to look for any errors?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much!

Jeroen

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ollikat
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 3 of 9
saikat

HI Jeroen

Did the links suggested by ollikat help resolve the issue? If not, do let us know.

thanks

Saikat

Saikat Bhattacharya
Senior Manager - Technology Consulting
Message 4 of 9
jeremytammik
in reply to: saikat

Dear Jeroen,

You can never load RevitAPIUI.dll yourself. Only Revit can do that. The same applies to RevitAPI.dll, actually. The Revit API only works within Revit itself.

Cheers

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Hi All,

Thank you for the prompt replies. Unfortunately I wasn't able to succeed with the API outside of Revit, for the obvious reason that it's not possible.

I started writing addins for Revit directly and will use an intermediate file to transfer the information.

Thanks for your help! It's greatly appreciated!

Jeroen

Message 6 of 9
jeremytammik

Perfect! Good luck and have fun!

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jeremytammik

I've upgraded my Revit 2020 add in to Revit 2021 by referencing the new DLL's. The addin used to load into revit 2021 without any issues. Now I get an error stating:

cportelli4SLTL_1-1619282485906.png

I've searched the forum but haven't found a solution yet. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Message 8 of 9
jeremy_tammik

Maybe you inadvertently specified that your add-in is strongly named, and that is causing it to refuse to load non-strongly-named references. RevitAPIUI is not strongly named, so your add-in referencing it cannot be so either.

Jeremy Tammik, Developer Advocacy and Support, The Building Coder, Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jeremy_tammik

Thank you Jeremy for the suggestion. You are correct. I had selected to use a strongly named key file. Once I changed this it worked out. Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Rail Community