Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bind Link with uiapp.PostCommand(

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
954 Views, 3 Replies

Bind Link with uiapp.PostCommand(

Hi,

I can't seem to get bind link working through the uiapp.PostCommand( 

The revit 2018 keyboard shorcuts gives:

CommandName: Bind Link
CommandId: Dialog_Essentials_RvtLinkInstanceStdDbar:Control_Essentials_BindLinkAsGroup
Paths: Contextual Tabs>Link

I'm not sure what to write as command_id or if any of the about should be written as a command id at all? 

Can anyone tell me how I use the commanIds starting with "Dialog"

command_id= "meeeh?"
found_id = RevitCommandId.LookupCommandId(command_id)
uiapp.PostCommand(found_id)

I only get:

Exception: The comandId must be in Autodesk.Revit.UI.PostableCommand or an external command.

Am I on the right track using the 2018 Revit Keyboard Shortcuts PDF or is there a better way to find the command ids?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RPTHOMAS108
in reply to: Anonymous

Not all commands are postable usually not the contextual ones where you have to select something first.

List the values in the PostableCommand enumeration do a search for 'bind' to see if you can find it, I can't.

Message 3 of 4
jeremytammik

I just discussed this topic in another newer thread on 'attaching a Revit link':

In the course of that discussion, I discovered three other unresolved discussion threads requesting the same functionality:

The development team confirmed that this functionality is currently not available and ask all interested developers to create an entry for it in the Revit Idea Station and vote for that:

This is currently not possible through the API. This seems like a good thing for Revit Ideas, especially if so many people are asking for it. Please submit an idea for this to the Revit Idea Station, if there is none there already, and vote for the existing one, if there is. Thank you!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 4 of 4
jeremytammik

Please vote for the wish in the Revit Idea Station:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/binding-linked-revit-model-with-api/idi-p/8590114

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community