Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Recap Session Window

Multiple Recap Session Window

We are unable to run two Recap files in two different session in Autodesk Recap platform. Please add the option as it would be very beneficial for us.

6 Comments
mika_jahkola
Enthusiast

Several instances of Recap on the same machine would be very helpful. I can see two uses:

1. View several projects at once. Typically we split large sites into several Recap projects. For example each floor and each stairway is a separate point cloud, or the inside and outside of a building are separate clouds. We frequently check details using RealView. There is no way to have two or more projects open at the same time but we have to close one before we can view the other.

2. Load and index Recap projects in the background while viewing another project. Now registration prevents using Recap for anything else at the same time.

daniel_musick
Advocate

"As of version 3.0.1, ReCap 360 includes the ability to create ReCap projects from raw source files in an automated, background fashion. These features are accessible through a command-line executable import tool called DeCap.exe, located in the ReCap 360 install folder. The source files can be specified directly on the command line or provided in a control file."

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/recap/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/Reality... 

So at least the importing/indexing can be done in the background. I don't know if we are allowed to use DeCap and ReCap simultaneously.

And since Recap is losing features quicker than one can say "Cloud-Pusher", you have to try out for yourself whether it still works as not-advertised anywhere, which is why no one knows this feature is available.

...But if Autodesk itself is not aware that such a feature exists, it will not actively try to kill it.

Could still be dead through neglect....

culley.parris
Observer

YES Please.  Same issue here.  I would use multiple sessions all the time.  I scan large areas in separate zones to prevent unwanted "noise" from far away scans and to limit sizes of individual scan sets, which improves session performance.  I have plenty of Ram to support this.  COME ON!

Kevin_Laskowski
Contributor

Any update? Would be great to index 10 projects simultaneously overnight. Instead of using 4 virtual machines running one instance of Recap at a time. Autodesk please look into this and bring more value to our workflow. It gets expensive adding more Virtual machines to keep up with the project.

yan.fu
Alumni

Hi all,

Thanks all for your comments. While multiple instances of ReCap is not supported yet, you can run multiple DeCap.exe to index multiple projects on the same machine. 

Thanks,

Yan

ramesh_sridharan
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report