Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad2000 WILL run under Windows 10-64

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
5820 Views, 12 Replies

Autocad2000 WILL run under Windows 10-64

You have to do it in a Virtual Machine with Windows XP as the operating system but it does work quite well. 

BTW, I am using Virtualbox from Oracle and while it works very well and install a snap there are a few quirks.  First quirk is you have to set up Shared Folders to have files visible to both the Host and Guest.  Second I have only been able to get a USB printer to run with the Guest or Host and that is an OR only choice unless you enjoy disconnecting the printer and restarting the Host and re-installing the printer to get it to work with the host.  Third, Internet connection for the Virtual Machine may not be possible but who would want to risk surfing the Net under Windows XP.

BTW, those into Photography wishing to have an easy use Photo Editor that features a VERY intuitive interface look for Micrographx Picture Publisher on Ebay or Amazon.  Because it too will run in Virtualbox with Win XP. 

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Darin.Green
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

I'm guessing you meant to reply to another post... 

AutoCAD 2000 will NOT run on windows 10. You're running in through a virtual machine on XP...

I hope no one is still using AutoCAD 2000. If so, there's no support, so just upgrade instead of having to jump through these loops.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Darin.Green

I've been using Autocad since 2.52 and have developed my own menuing system that speeds thing considerably for doing things like Detail Drawings.  So, how well does Autocad 2018 support custom screen menus?  Yeah, I already know the answer to that, not at all.  Then there is the matter of Leasing software.  The owner of the company I work for WILL NOT LEAST SOFTWARE.  So yeah, I am and will continue to use Autocad 2000.
Message 4 of 13
tomhurns

Yes it will! I have it running perfectly, but you need to follow some special instructions Installing AutoCAD 2000 on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10

Message 5 of 13
karthur1
in reply to: tomhurns

Message 6 of 13
mitchem865
in reply to: karthur1

that setup wouldn't work for me on my 32 bit acad2000 with windows 10pro

Message 7 of 13
mitchem865

i own 2004 acad and they won't give my a pass code to run it on my new computer, sad part is I own it and paid for the ownership.
Message 8 of 13
karthur1
in reply to: mitchem865

Change the compatibility mode to Windows 98/ME.

Thanks

Message 9 of 13
RobDraw

You don't actually own it. You have a license to use it as stated in the EULA. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 10 of 13
pendean
in reply to: RobDraw

@RobDraw You know it's going to be shady when a reply start with... "Check you private messages." @karthur1

Message 11 of 13
pendean

@mitchem865 wrote:
i own 2004 acad and they won't give my a pass code to run it on my new computer, sad part is I own it and paid for the ownership.

You "own" nothing created by Autodesk. Never have, still do not. Sorry. That's the reality.
Agreements are written in favor of the agreement writer, not the signer sadly.

Take a few minutes to understand "software ownership" as an end user, it is quite enlightening how the laws are literally against the user:
https://www.webopedia.com/insights/owningsoftware/
https://www.allbusiness.com/the-difference-between-buying-and-licensing-software-928-1.html
and... well, there is so much out there to explain how software works in plain language, help yourself
https://www.google.com/search?q=do+you+own+a+software+license

HTH

Message 12 of 13
m_latz

Hello @mitchem865 ,

you do not need a new pass code, just use the "Portable License Utility" to transfer your license from your old computer to your new computer.

HowToTransferLictoNewComputerAcad2004.png

Important: Read the help before using !

regards

Markus

Message 13 of 13
montymattox
in reply to: karthur1

Hi, could you please assist me in installing Autocad 2000 on my laptop...it is running on Windows 10 64bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report