Did you mean: 

Modifying draw order in ACAD 2019

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
670 Views, 2 Replies

Modifying draw order in ACAD 2019

I have several .net routines that clone blocks from a library dwg file and insert them into the working drawing. Unfortunately the clone process messes with the draworder of some wipeouts built into the block. I have code in my routine that handles the draw order fix on insert, however that code fails to have any effect in AutoCAD 2019. It has worked beautifully up to this point. I have installed the draw order hotfix with no improvement. I have also tested Kean's code (found here: http://www.keanw.com/2013/05/fixing-autocad-drawings-exported-by-smartsketch-using-net.html) with the same results as my own code. Since his is simpler in this context I figured I would use it as the baseline. If his can be made to work then mine can too. Attached is a sample dwg file containing objects that have been impacted by the draw order. If Kean's WTB routine can successfully set the wipeouts to back on the attached dwg then I should be good to go. Thanks!

Michael Coffman

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Virupaksha_aithal
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

What is your AutoCAD vernum ? I tried Kean’s code at my end in AutoCAD 2019 with latest updates (_VERNUM = "P.152.0.0 (UNICODE)" (read only)). The code is able modify the draw order in AutoCAD 2019.

Virupaksha Aithal KM
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Virupaksha_aithal

Thank you. I installed the latest update pack and the wipeout functionality returned to normal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta