Integrate Dynamo with Autocad

51 REPLIES 51
SOLVED
Message 1 of 52
Yonas89
37946 Views, 51 Replies

Integrate Dynamo with Autocad

Hello,

I am not sure which forum to choose for my question, thus I hope I have chosen the right one. I have read and watched about Dynamo compatibility with Revit and it looks just amazing. However I use Civil 3d in my daily process which is AutoCAD based and though it's  challenging  to combine Dynamo with AutoCAD, I know it's possible, but I don't know how. I would like to discuss with you guys, maybe you have some experience with it or some thoughts to share. I have found this short video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiz76GTN-8Y. Sorry that it's in Russian, don't understand Russian but I get the point that AutoCAD objects could be controlled from Dynamo.

51 REPLIES 51
Message 41 of 52
kasaresatish
in reply to: Yonas89

Hello sir,

Could you please tell how to integrate Dynamo Studio or Dynamo with AutoCad. Can we  access AutoCad API through Dynamo or Dynamo Studio.

Message 42 of 52
Anonymous
in reply to: ppesquera

Hi,

this will show only line in AutoCAD by converting ARC into line but,I want also the the arc in AutoCAD but this code is not working.

please suggest me the correct code I have same problem.

Message 43 of 52
s33wagz
in reply to: Anonymous

I'd like to use python for Fabrication CADMEP.

Mainly for automating object manipulation. 

Here is a link to these types of objects:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fabrication-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2...

Currently we use scripting but I'd like to use python.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fabrication-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2...

Are there any limitations that I will run into or will it be fairly intuitive to get rolling with Dynamo and CADMEP scripting?

Message 44 of 52
jtm2020hyo

I noticed than ironpython use python 2 but the version than support pythons 3 is in alpha , then is possible to use other library like python.net and create a sample video using last dynamos stable version with AutoCAD Architecture and MEP?

Message 45 of 52
Anonymous

Hello Mr. Khasan,

I have been stuck in doing a very tedious, repetitive task manually, in AutoCad

What I have to do is to enter some information in attributes of various blocks, sequentially

like A1, A2, A3.. and so on.

Can you please help me out here?

Thanks,

Message 46 of 52
Anonymous

Hello Mr. Khasan,

I have been stuck in a repetaitve and cumbersome task of feeding information to attributed of each block of an AutoCad file. And not a single info but sequential, different for each block.
For Example, A1, A2, A3 .......

Can you please help me here?
Thanks,
Message 47 of 52
essam-salah

@Yonas89 

@Yonas89 wrote:
Hmm, I think with Dynamo it would be possible but difficult. I think the better option would be to create custum plugin for it.

Yes basic nodes that comes with dynamo not enough to do all C3D stuff (like creating corridor for example), but package like Civil3dToolKit (Autodesk package) will help, also as you said you can create your own packages and Nodes using Zero Touch Nodes, or custom nodes that composing other nodes. 

Message 48 of 52
M_H_G_M_G

Hello sir ...
I have some ideas and i need to know if it can be real or not by dynamo or programming ..
I need to insert blocks sizes according to spacing between other blocks ...

mostafahisham62_0-1639483737116.png

mostafahisham62_1-1639483769960.png

mostafahisham62_2-1639483825510.png

I Will explain what i need in the the below image ..

mostafahisham62_3-1639484248485.jpeg

if i can make that there is more and more cases and details that i'll learn dyamo to make what i need ..
and thanks in advance .. 

Message 49 of 52
hosneyalaa
in reply to: M_H_G_M_G

@M_H_G_M_G 

مرحبا

ممكن تضع سؤالك  في هاد الموقع

https://forum.dynamobim.com/c/civil3d/17

Message 50 of 52
jtm2020hyo

@Anonymous  ha escrito:

Well, if you do not have a specific task, then I'll show you how to build the line in the open AutoCAD file.

DyAcad MakeLines.jpg

restart = IN[0]
if IN[1] != True: off = 1/0

import clr

clr.AddReference('ProtoGeometry')
import Autodesk
from Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry import *

import System
from System import *

app = System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetActiveObject("Autocad.Application")
AcDoc = app.ActiveDocument

lines = IN[2]

def ptA(p):
	return Array[float]([p.X, p.Y, p.Z]) 

for k in lines:
	stpt = ptA(k.StartPoint)
	enpt = ptA(k.EndPoint)
	linn = AcDoc.ModelSpace.AddLine(stpt, enpt)

I tried to run your code but i found some warning / errors.

jtm2020hyo_0-1670776661165.png

How can I fix this?

Message 51 of 52
lukasz_koc2

@Anonymous 
Do you know any way to combine multiple lines into polyline similarmy as PEDIT in autocad works ? 

Message 52 of 52
thsa2501
in reply to: Slawomir_

hii,

why this node did not work for me? kindly give a solution for this.i attached the image and drawing .

best regards,

hussainScreenshot (10).png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta