Nastran Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load the results from Autodesk CFD

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
milos28HR3
318 Views, 2 Replies

Unable to load the results from Autodesk CFD

I'm following several tutorials describing how to load CFD results into Nastran. The procedure, as I understood it, is to use the From Output option in the Loads dialog, then select your .cfdst file, and choose the design/scenario and the type of load from the two drop down menus. The issue I'm facing is that Nastran will not read .cfdst file results, as in when I locate my .cfdst file, the two drop down menus are empty.

At first I thought there was an issue with my model but to troubleshoot the issue I prepared a simplest model to eliminate any geometry etc. pitfalls, ran a very coarse mesh simulation in CFD, and tried to load the results into Nastran. Still no luck. I have attached the CFD and Inventor/Nastran models here. Please can someone take a look and point me to what I'm doing wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: milos28HR3

Hi @milos28HR3 

What version of Inventor Nastran are you using?

• If you are using version 2023, the command "Loads from file" does not work to read results from CFD. This has been reported to the developers. If you have access to an older version of Inventor (such as 2022), that would be the best way to read the CFD results into Nastran.

John

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
milos28HR3
in reply to: milos28HR3

Hi John,

Thank you for clarifying that for me. Yes, downgrading to 2021 versions fixed it for me.

For anyone else who might be going through the same issue, I was not able to load CFD 2023 results into Inventor 2022, nor 2021, and had to downgrade both programs to 2021 version (as there is no CFD 2022).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report