Nastran Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response Spectrum Problems

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
brittanyc.kuhn
187 Views, 1 Reply

Response Spectrum Problems

I am running a response spectrum analysis. Very simple model, two springs in series, with mass elements on node 2 and 3.  Fixed constraint support located at node 1 as well as a kinematic constraint set to vertical direction translation. 

I am setting trslddamdata = on in the ini file. There are two modes contributing to the 100% modal mass in the vertical direction.  Mode 1 has a frequency around 7 Hz and is contributing 61% of the modal mass.  Mode 2 has a frequency of 40 Hz and is contributing 39% of the modal mass.  After I run, modal results only appear for mode 2.  

I thought trslddamdata is supposed to output scaled mode shape data for a response spectrum analysis or DDAM model. Am I missing something? Is there something else that I should be adding to the card or the ini file to get modal outputs for both of my contributing modes? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
John_Holtz
in reply to: brittanyc.kuhn

Hi everyone,

I have been working this question through a support case that was created. The final outcome is that the shock/response spectrum analysis only outputs one result: the result for the chosen combination method (such as ABS, SRSS, NRL, and so on). The individual results at each mode are not output.

I created a suggestion on the Ideas forum. If you are interested in this capability, please vote for the suggestion on Shock/response spectrum output for each mode - Autodesk Community.

John

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report