Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gravity effect prediction Insight 2023 version

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
prabu_Karunakaran
525 Views, 9 Replies

Gravity effect prediction Insight 2023 version

Hello all,

Is Moldflow 2023 version predicting Gravity effect? because i did the same simulation at 2017 with 2018 version , Filling prediction was good at 2018. with current version 2023 , looks like not good prediction . anybody has same experience?

prabuKarunakaran_0-1668417175307.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hello @prabu_Karunakaran ,

I have recently used 2023 with gravity and the results looked correct to me (I apologize - it was a customer part and I can't share).  Could you re-run with turning off Wall Slip just to focus on the gravity/inertia comparison?  I am not sure if we made any changes to wall slip (or gravity) since 2018.

Mason

Message 3 of 10

Hello Mason,

This simulation i did with 2023 without Wall slip effect

prabuKarunakaran_0-1668659325993.png

Thanks

Prabu K

Message 4 of 10

Hello @prabu_Karunakaran ,

I went back and checked all of the solver updates since 2018.  While I know the 3D solver has gone through several updates since v2018, I wasn't able to link your change in filling to any specific solver update.

I would suggest creating a support case and having our support team take a look at your actual .sdy files.

Mason

Message 5 of 10
mason.myers
in reply to: mason.myers

Hello again @prabu_Karunakaran ,

I just had another suggestion.  Can you (or did you) remesh the model in 2023?  You might see slightly different results by remeshing and solving in the 2023 version.

Mason

Message 6 of 10

Hi Mason.

I will try and let you know

Prabu K

Message 7 of 10

Hello Mason,

Comparing to the reality 2018 Version predicted well.

As per your suggestion i did new mesh with 2023 version and simulated again with the same version.

Prediction is not good , not comparable with reality

prabuKarunakaran_0-1670906260363.png

Prabu K

Message 8 of 10

Thank you @prabu_Karunakaran ,

I can't see the complete material you are using but I looked at 3 of the closest materials in the public database and they all appear to be updated in 2018-2022.  I am not sure if this would have an impact on the gravity effect but it's worth noting.  We always suggest that you use the material card tested for the Moldflow version you are using.  For example, we do not recommend you use a .udb file tested for 2017 in the 2023 version of Moldflow Insight.

Mason

Message 9 of 10

Hi Mason,

As per your suggestion ,I did the simulation again with updated material , result still the same , i would recommend Autodesk to consider and solve this issue ASAP

prabuKarunakaran_0-1671101223481.pngprabuKarunakaran_1-1671101308135.png

Thanks

Prabu K

Message 10 of 10

Thank you again @prabu_Karunakaran ,

Are you able to share your .sdy files with me so I can share them with our development team?

thanks again,

Mason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report