Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My textures are not showing up in my render. Possibly UDIM (Mari) error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
calise_tie0001
353 Views, 4 Replies

My textures are not showing up in my render. Possibly UDIM (Mari) error

My UVs are on tile 1033 and I've exported textures from substance painter which also state 1033. I plugged them in but as soon as I change the tiling mode to UDIM (Mari) the textures failed to show in my render. I then turned the tiling mode off but obviously the textures were all messed up. I re-exported the textures from Substance painter but that did not work. I also checked that the UVs in my final scene and the UVs for the FBX export were the same and they are. (Other textures from the same SPP file are working fine, its only two other elements on different UV tiles that don't appear)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
damaggio
in reply to: calise_tie0001

This is not enough information, you need to post some pictures or the scene file.

Message 3 of 5
calise_tie0001
in reply to: damaggio

Sorry, here are some images. I exported the all the maps as tiffs except for the height map which I exported as an exr. I have a feeling its something in Maya though.

Message 4 of 5

You have to turn on the UDIM tiles in the file node or use the <UDIM> tag.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 5 of 5

From your description, it sounds like you’re only using one tile, not actual UDIMS? If that’s the case, why not move the UVs to the default 0-1 tile in maya? That may solve your issue. Sorry if I’m misunderstanding.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report