Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In what color space should I be viewing renders in Arnold Render-View

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jmollot
348 Views, 1 Reply

In what color space should I be viewing renders in Arnold Render-View

When I view my renders in Arnold's Render-View the highlights are more blown out and color is very slightly different than when I view renders in Nuke under the proper conditions (Linear workspace). I imagine this is because my viewport is converting from ACES to Rec 709 gamma 2.4 for my viewing - because I'm rendering in a linear space (ACEScg) when it gamma converts it for viewing into Gamma 2.4 Rec709 its going to inevitable lose those highlights and change things a bit? I could see this as being problematic, though, if I look at my render in Render-view and I see the highlights clipped out and I'm like "oh I guess I need to turn my scene lights lower," meanwhile that data IS actually there, but I just can't see it because I'm viewing it in a non-linear color space. This makes me wonder if, when working in Maya, I should set the view to Rec 709 LINEAR to view it how it actually will look when I bring it into Nuke?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Christoph_Schaedl
in reply to: jmollot

Use the same LUT like in Nuke.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report