Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best option for photoreal product visualization?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
brownsa2903
182 Views, 2 Replies

best option for photoreal product visualization?

Hi,

I'm currently a product photographer learning Maya with a goal of creating photo realistic product renders. Im trying to decide between using Vray or Arnold. What are peoples thoughts and what would provide the best results? Are they just so close it doesn't matter? Does one fall short in one particular area more than the other. Speed is not a concern.  Just the final output in photo realism. I feel its a big commitment so I appreciate peoples input who are more experienced than I am. My background in Maya is animation so rendering and shading is newish to me. I consider Renderman as their caustics are amazing but i feel the learning curve would be too steep as there is very little online training for it.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
damaggio
in reply to: brownsa2903

The  rendering softwares are quite excellent these days, it’s all about the artist, as it should be. You might find small differences if you do a side by side comparison depending on a specific feature. 

Message 3 of 3
brownsa2903
in reply to: damaggio

I am already finding considerable differences when it comes to caustics.

Arnold
ArnoldArnold

VrayVrayVray

RendermanRendermanRenderman

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report