Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnold shutdown

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
j9508j9508BJ582
2183 Views, 3 Replies

Arnold shutdown

I'm new to Maya. My problem is I try to use arnold lights and hypershade, when I rendering it the log shows arnold shutdown, and my arnold renderview seems to stop when half way done. I don't how to fix it. 

Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

sorry for my english.

未命名ff.png

I'm use Maya 2018 student version/Windows 10

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
daunish
in reply to: j9508j9508BJ582

So, looks like your render actually finished. What makes you think it didn't?

Typically if it crashes out, you will get a better error and Arnold won't display total render time.

I'd recommend going into Arnold globals and setting your AA sample to something higher, then rerendering. Does this produce a cleaner render and longer render times? If so, you just need to set up your render scene properly, lots of youtube tutorials on how to do this. Nothing is wrong with Arnold in this case.

If this doesn't fix it then you got a more serious problem. perhaps a scene or your full log would help to figure it out.

Let me know

Message 3 of 4

That log is for a swatch (shaderball) render, not for whatever was rendered in the Arnold Render View.

You must be using an older MtoA?

You can get a detailed log for the Arnold Render View: https://docs.arnoldrenderer.com/x/_grfB
Set the log verbosity to Info.

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 4 of 4
j9508j9508BJ582
in reply to: daunish

The problem has been solved. Thank you so much!
I try to do what you said setting my AA sample higher and the render is cleaner.
And the another problem is just I forgot to select object while using shaderball 😛

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report