Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uss defiant

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Ιάσονας
317 Views, 5 Replies

uss defiant

ive been modeling the defiant off and on now for awhile, but after watching star trek picard im to eager to start modeling the enterprise, and put this defiant model on hold, i know that it still needs a lot of work tho, i have no experience in texturing, any advice on some texturing software that i should learn to texture this

def2.pngdef4.pngdef1.pngdef3.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

The standard texturing software for games is Adobe Substance Painter.

For vfx its Mari from Foundry.

Choose your fighter.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 6

thanks for the info, i youtubed mari vs painter, everyone seems to have a different opinion, but ive been leaning more towards painter, but in general im more interested in kind of a realistic look,

Message 4 of 6

It wont matter which one you are using. The texturing skill is transferable to the other one. Just a different workflow.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 5 of 6

I use painter, really quick to get up to 80% of the desired result. Mari is definitely better for massive texture sets, but Substance with the newish UDIM workflow, USD import and reload mesh make it more flexible like Mari has always been. Not sure what your budget is, but there's a free option available. I haven't used it but quixel mixer looks similar to painter, but lacks some key features like smart materials (at least ones that use baked mesh data). But like Christoph said "The texturing skill is transferable".

Message 6 of 6

thanks for the info, and taking the time to reply

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report