Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normals showing UV seams on object

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3637 Views, 4 Replies

Normals showing UV seams on object

Hello!

I'm sure this is some huge oversight on my end, but I cannot for the life of me, understand why or how to fix this problem.
Anytime I import normal maps (I would just drag and drop into hypershade graph network then add to the properties.) it always shows the seams from the UV on the model, made these extra bad UV's just to be sure lol.

My go to method is usually just using Transfer Maps in Maya, I did the same here as well, and they always turn out.. normal.. but in this case it got unbound somehow; so I made a new shader, applied the map to the shader, applied the shader to the model aaaaand here we are.

Any help would be appreciated as this is a problem that was plagued me for far too long! Thank you!

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

Please upload a scene-file + texture.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Sorry for late response, posted kinda late in the night. Here they are but I have to post the maya file from another source, the forums won't let me upload a .ma :"| 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_VFJbu70kSLHL63bc9BSaOW-XLOt-1XF

Message 4 of 5
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

In texture node set Color Space to "RAW" (not "sRGB").

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Done and done, so simple. I would've never messed with those lol. Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report